I know how hard it is to find the best lender for a Harp 2.0 loan. Since you are not obligated to use your original lender to obtain a refi under Harp 2.0, you get to make the choice of which broker of bank leader you use. I have listed several easy tips to help you find the best lender for your needs.
1. A familiar mortgage broker
- This is the easiest way out. Choose a broker who is familiar with your situation. This makes it easier so you do not have to go through the process of finding someone you do not know. If they know your particular situation, it is easier for you and them in the long run.
- Like most things, it is a really good idea to get referrals from friends, family members, or real estate agents who you trust. Ask around and see if they have any brokers that they would like to recommend. This is usually a good bet, because if you trust them then they will not steer you wrong.
3. Interview many
- Make sure when you are looking around that you interview more than one broker. This way you have more choices to choose from. You will be able to find the right fit if you interview more than one. You will know when you have found the right one. You never want to settle for a mortgage broker.
4. Be understanding
- When talking about interest rates, you must understand that you will not always get the rates that you are hearing about. The rates you hear about on television are normally a very rare case. If you like the broker, stick with him because they are hard to come by.
5. Dont go cheap
- Make sure that you are not choosing a broker just because of how cheap their rates are. They may be the wrong choice. So when choosing, follow these tips and you will not be sorry!
I really hope this post has helped you. If you are ever in need of a Harp 2.0 Loan, call Brian Quigley from the Mortgage Network today!
If you can think of any other good tips for choosing a broker, please feel free to comment below.